Skip to content
Webinar – Feeding America
September 6 & 11, 2012
Please join us for a one-hour webinar featuring Kim Prendergast, RD, MPP from Feeding America.
Feeding America’s mission is to feed America’s hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger. They help feed 37 Million Americans and distribute over 3 billion pounds of food a year. 1 in 8 people receive food from the Feeding America network.
Join the webinar to find out more about Feeding America and how your coalition can partner to make a difference in your community.
1) Background of Feeding America
2) Description of the Feeding America Diabetes Initiative
3) Specific ways the Appalachian diabetes coalitions can partner with Feeding America, including determining your county’s food insecurity rate, providing diabetes education and screening at food pantries, mobile food pantries, the BackPack program and much more!
Two dates/times will be offered.
- Thursday, September 6, 12-1PM EST
- Tuesday, September 11, 3-4PM EST
For more information on Feeding America, please visit their website feedingamerica.org